9.19.2006

Speaking of Gifts...

Okay, I'll be the first to admit that I'm a little on the sensitive side with certain things in life. One of those such areas is with the gifting that God has given me. Over the last few years I have discovered that I am a natural encourager. I love to encourage people. Sometimes I am just so filled with love and joy and gratitude that I just can't keep it in. The problem with this is that people don't seem to know how to handle it. It's not like I go crazy and wrap my arms around them and shower them with kisses or anything, I just speak from my heart what I am feeling at the time. What usually happens is that people will then make fun of me for encouraging them. Here is where the sensitivity comes in. When I encourage people, I am putting myself out there; I am doing what goes counter-culteral which is why most people have a hard time dealing with it. When they make fun of me, part of me never wants to encourage someone again, but the other part of me knows that I can't help but encourage people because that is what I was created to do.

So there it is. I share this simply as my way of dealing with my struggle and nothing more. I will go on, and I will likely keep on encouraging. Sometimes it just helps to get it out to deal with it.

3 comments:

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sween said...

It's okay to kiss people in gratitude. Well, the only female I kiss is my wife. I like experimenting with the European way.

Danielle said...

The spiritual gift of encouragement is quite powerful. Don't let anyone tempt you into sinning (falling short) by not expressing yourself for His glory.

Some people just haven't had a lot of kindness in their lives and they don't understand why anyone would encourage them. Keep on doing what you do.

"Never walk away from someone who deserves help; your hand (speech) is God's hand (speech) for that person." --Proverbs 3:27 (MSG)

Danielle
California