11.10.2006

The Upside of Long Distance Friends

It is no secret that one of the most difficult things about living and ministering in Alaska is the distance between us and our firends. There are many times when I am tempted to think about the distance and feel sorry for myelf. And while I cannot simply call one of you up to go for coffee, those times when I am on the road and able to drop in for a visit become like a spring in the dessert.

So, instead of focusing on the distance I chose to see the blessing. I am blessed that on almost every trip I take, there is at least one of you I call friend who is nearby. Wheather it's Onatrio, the Maratimes, East Coast USA, or Washington, there is a friend nearby to go for coffee. While you may not always be the reason for the trip, you are always the highlight. So thank you for your friendships. Thank you for opening your homes and allowing us into your families.

There may not always be a reason to come to Alaska, but know that our door is always opened to you.

5 comments:

Heather Durkee said...

I hear yah on this one. We are not at the end of the world like Alaska is, but there is not ONE BBCer (except on our staff) in our whole district. We try our best to catch up with people, but its hard when Adam can't leave the country (green card process) and most of our friends are in "O Canada"

Tanya said...

Hey Morgan! I agree! I thought Philly was so far from NS and NB and then we moved to the other side of the country!!! San Fran feels so far away sometimes! And yet just a plane ride : ). Make sure you let us know if you are ever coming our way!

Anonymous said...

i'm thankful for my friends in Onatrio too.

Anonymous said...

You are always welcome to come and visit us in Florida -- how's that for long distance?!

Who knows, you may want to thaw out this winter -- or next winter -- or the winter of 2010 -- and this is the place to do it!

Erskine said...

I won't leave spam like ronan. Instead I'll remind you that you have Erskine friends in the Maritimes within the next month, Lord willing. Be there or be square.